The first thing people say when the hear the world resin is "Isn't that stuff super toxic?!"
Well, not what we use!
CAST + COMBED jewelry is made in Los Angeles from a California sourced plant-based resin.
This material is most often used to coat surfboards which adds to it's inherent california-ness :) .
Designer Jessica Kelley draws inspiration from the Light and Space movement of the 1960’s.
Each piece uses the transparency of the crystal clear resin as a focal part of the design.
Submerging color into the resin creates a uniqueness within each piece while maintaining uniformity in shape and form.
Pieces are individually molded, cast and finished by hand in their Los Angeles Studio.
All pieces are created using plant-based resins, acrylics and precious metals.
Resin pieces are currently being scaled into larger objects.
The name CAST + COMBED points to the process used (to cast)
and the search for something special (to comb through).
- to cast resin verb (past and past participle cast) [with obj.]
- 1 emit, give off, send out, radiate
- 2 form, create, produce, project, throw.
- 3 mold, fashion, form, shape, model; sculpt, sculpture, forge.
- 4 choose, select, nominate
- combed verb ( past and past participle combed ) [ with obj. ]
- 1 search, scour, explore, seep, hunt through, forage, go over, leave no stone unturned